Monday, October 26, 2009

The Sickness is Back.

I don't want to jinx my family but I think it is pretty clear this is going to be a bad cold and flu season in the Anderson house. It seems ever since the start of Sept. at least one person has been ill. This week it is Hayden and Hudson. We made a trip to Urgent Care (step below the ER). Both boys have ear infections, runny noses and fevers. They are on antibiotics for 10 days, twice a day. Hudson takes his meds like a champ. Hayden however is a different story. Jeff holds him down as I force the meds down his throat. Sounds horrible and it is I assure you. I hate doing it but this boy refuses his medicine. It is going to be a long 10 days.

On other news Jeffery passed his testing for NHP and has Oral Board on the 2nd. He also passed his Oral Board for the Clark County School District and has a psych evaluation on the 12th. Upon passing that he will get a job offer. I think passing these phases with these departments has lifted his spirits a bit. After being one day away from being on his own with NLVPD and being let go it put a damper on his confidence. Which it totally understandable but like I told him NLVPD wasn't calling all the other officers they let go helping them get on with other departments. Anyway that is where we currently stand in the Cop department.

My photography is going great. I have two sessions this week. Once is with a little girl at the Ronald McDonald House here in Las Vegas. She is 8 years old and fighting Leukemia. She will be losing her hair soon, so we wanted to get her photographed before that happens. My work for the Ronald McDonald House is free of charge. I am volunteering my time for the house. I always wanted to volunteer some how but didn't know what to do, so I am very happy and honored that they are letting me photograph these children. I hope the my photography will give them something happy to look at during these hard times.

That is about all here. I know it has been awhile since I posted a big update but I have been crazy busy with my photography business, and the kids. I will try to update more often.

No comments: