Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hudson Update

We are still at the hospital and may be here for a few more days... I hope not but I'm not getting my hopes up anymore. I thought we would be bringing him home today... that didn't happen.

He has to be off oxygen for 24hrs before they will release him... he went 12 yesterday but then his oxygen stats started to drop so he needed a little help. So back on the oxygen he went. He is still on oxygen today but they are slowly lowering the amounts.

He gets breathing treatments every 6 hours to help open up his airways. Those seem to really help him. They say his lungs sound good, which is fantastic.

All of his blood cultures and spinal fluid cultures came back clear so no bacterial infection. However he did have some bacteria in his urine, which would mean a UTI. He is on antibiotics to clear that up and thankfully has been since Sunday. They did another urine test today and we are waiting on the culture results but that can take 12hrs or more. It was done at 11 this am so I won't know the results till I come in tomorrow morning.

The Dr is having a urologist come in to check him as well. He had an ultrasound to check his kidneys to make sure it wasn't a kidney infection. We should know those results when the Dr makes his rounds tonight.

No comments: