Monday, March 30, 2009

It's Been Awhile

Wanted to post the latest going on with us... though nothing too exciting but none the less here we go.

Jeffery - This is his last week of the advanced academy. Yes, that means next week he is out taking the Bad Guys off the streets. Last week they went to the range a couple of times and he shot and Assault Rifle for the first time. He also got certified to carry his second weapon. The department issues their main weapon but his back up weapon we got. I figured if we bought it hopefully he won't ever need it but if we didn't get it he may end up in a situation where he needed it.

We have no idea what his shift will be it will change every 4 weeks. We are assuming he will be graveyards and working weekends but maybe during Field Training he will get an ok shift for at least part of the 6 month period.

Kelsey (me) - I got my braces put on a little over 2 weeks ago. They first put in the spacers and top brackets and I wore those for 2 weeks. My mouth hurt so bad. I was living on milkshakes. They told me that typically you are only sore for a few days but my teeth were so close together that when they removed the spacers they were still pretty tight and that is why I was in so much pain.

Friday I got my wire put on my top brackets and metal spacers on my back molars. The metal is causing sores in my mouth so that feels nice. I hope my mouth gets used to these metal objects in it soon. I would like to eat sometime in the 2 yrs that I have to wear them.

Good news is that I am seeing my teeth straighten out already!

Haylee - She is really into pretend play right now. As I type this she is having all her animals play together and making up voices for them. SO CUTE! She is learning to spell a few small words. We have been going outside riding her jeep since the weather is warming up.

Hayden - He is talking more and just being a BOY! He always seems to have a new bruise pop up from running into things and trying to fly off our couch. I can't believe he will be 2 in a couple of weeks!

Hudson - He is teething. His two bottom teeth are coming in. He is almost about to roll over. Getting super chunky! We love all the baby fat!

The kids are having friends over to play today. I will take some pics and post later.

No comments: