Sunday, November 16, 2008

Labor and Delivery Trip.... Again

Thursday I had pretty bad lower back pain and cramping so I called the doctor and was told to go get checked at L&D AGAIN.... So I called my friend Michelle to come get me and we brought all 4 of our kids to our friend Melissa's house. Poor Melissa had 6 kids to watch.

We got there at around 12 and didn't even see a nurse till almost 2... there was a miscommunication and they didn't even know I was there.... good times. Anyway I got hooked up to the monitors and heard Hudson wonderful heartbeat and saw the my uterus was being 'cranky'.... or so the nurses called it. :)

I got 2 shots of a medicine that would relax my uterus and stop the 'crankiness' and help with my lower back pain. I also had an ultrasound to check the length of my cervix.... short cervix at 32 weeks... not a good sign. Got results and the doctors were happy with it's length so I was sent home still on bed rest and on my meds every 6 hours. The nurse also informed me that Hudson was breech.

That would explain some of the pain I had earlier that morning... he was flipping around. He was head down on Tuesday.... I am happy to report that I do believe he is head down once again.... at least I hope so and he better stay that way.

Police Academy Update -

Jeffery is doing really well in the academy... stressful as we expected and adding these latest issues that just adds more stress but we will get through one day at a time. He gets OC sprayed on Tuesday... OC spray is like pepper spray but worse. Poor guy... but he signed up for it :)

We think the classroom portion of the academy may be almost up... a couple more weeks. Then he will be getting hands on training ie shooting, self defense, driving the patrol car. So I'm sure that will be a lot more fun the sitting in a classroom for 10 hours a day.

The kids are doing good. Hayden is a little dare devil and thinks he can jump off our couch and hits his sister... Poor Haylee... Haylee has learned to write her name and write most of her ABCs.

No comments: